Executive MBA for the Creative Industries - Apply
Start date: Autumn 2017
Applications are currently open and offers of admission are made on a rolling basis. You are encouraged to apply early to avoid disappointment. You may want to find out more about tuition fees, funding your MBA and scholarships before you apply.
Within your application, you will also be asked to relate your aims and objectives for studying for an MBA to the Ashridge programme. Ensure therefore that you are familiar with the programme detail before you apply.
These guidelines outline the ‘usual’ minimum entry requirements. However, these should be seen as a guide only; each application will be considered on its own merit.
Admission to the Ashridge Executive MBA for the Creative Industries is subject to your academic ability and track record of achievement in the workplace. We are interested in understanding:
• Your realistic and clear career goals and how an Executive MBA fits with these
• Your understanding of the distinctive features of the Ashridge Executive MBA and its implication for you.
• Your ability to contribute actively in an online environment
• Your ability to work independently within a virtual environment and to manage the demands of an Ashridge MBA
Experience and qualifications
1. Academic ability
An undergraduate degree or equivalent is desirable. Candidates without relevant academic qualifications but with significant professional experience in the creative industries sector, or within a creative role in an alternative sector, will also be considered.
2. Work experience
For candidates with an undergraduate degree, a minimum of three years’ professional experience, preferably in the creative industries sector, or within a creative role in an alternative sector
With no undergraduate degree, a minimum of five years’ professional experience, preferably in the creative industries sector, or within a creative role in an alternative sector
Professional experience within a relevant business management role and the realistic potential to work within a creative industries environment may also be considered.
English Language Ability
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of strong English language skills via a recognised secure English language test such as IELTS (minimum score of seven) or through your employment. If you have not already taken a formal English language test, you may apply anyway for this qualification and Ashridge will inform you if they think a formal test will be required.
English language support
If you require additional support with your English language proficiency, we recommend attending an intensive Executive English language programme with a recognised organisation such as EF. Host family accommodation and meals are included in the programme fee, and classes can be taken either individually, in small seminar groups or via the iLab, and comprise up to 40 lessons per week (40 minutes duration).
Students of the EF Executive English Institute also benefit from:
• six months’ access to iLab, so that you can continue your studies after your course has finished, at work or at home.
• one year’s Premium access to the award-winning virtual English school, so that you are able to further improve on everything that you have learned, and includes unlimited access to teacher led virtual conversation classes.
Full details can be found in the EF brochure.
All applicants will be required to take a form of admissions test as part of their application process; either the Ashridge admissions test or the GMAT. The admissions team will be able to advise on this further, as appropriate.
Interviews are not automatically required, however in certain circumstances where we require further information, we may invite candidates to interview with the Programme Director. Interviews can be conducted in person at Ashridge or online via Skype video call.
1. Fill out this application form, upload your video and documents.
2. Arrange an interview (this step may not be required). Once your application has been received, we may contact you to arrange an interview. If relevant, your interview would either be via Skype or ideally, in person at Ashridge.
3. Receive an offer. Depending on the outcome of the review of your application and the interview (if relevant), you may receive an offer of a place on the programme, together with an acceptance form. To confirm your place on the programme, you will need to sign and returnyour Acceptance Form to Ashridge with your deposit of £1000. The deposit is deducted from the total programme fee.
Scholarship application process
If you are having difficulty in working out how you will finance your MBA, you may apply for an Ashridge or industry scholarship, before you sign your acceptance form and pay your deposit. Scholarship details will be sent to you with your offer letter. We encourage you to find out more about funding your MBA before you apply.
Once we receive your signed acceptance form and deposit you are confirmed as a participant and will gain access to your study portal which will help you prepare for the programme. You will also receive details about your first residential week and any preparation required before you attend.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment. Applying by these dates will ensure sufficient time for your application review, interview and offer. It will also allow you sufficient time to apply for scholarships and visas, if required.
When you apply, you don't have to complete the application in one session; you can save what you have done so far and return to complete it at a later date. So why not make a start now with the information that you know you can fill in quickly and easily?
Please note that our online application process requires the use of the following modern web browsers due to the increased speed, usability and security they offer:
Internet Explorer version 10 +
Google Chrome version 10 +
Mozilla Firefox version 4 +
Apple Safari version 4 +
If you are experiencing problems in accessing the application portal, please email: email@example.com